Time-savings is the lock, communication is the key – Alvine’s Brett McCarthy
Brett McCarthy and Alvine Engineering blend Science, Art, and Business in all aspects of their services to propel the AEC industry forward.
Alvine Engineering is dedicated to developing and retaining a satisfied client base by providing client-driven, leading-edge, technology-based facilities. Their engineering team has been leading the industry with innovative designs and energetic collaborations with the nation’s leading architects, developers, and business owners. As a family-owned business, Alvine has two generations of experience as a mechanical and electrical systems design and consulting firm with expertise in fire protection engineering, architectural lighting design, building commissioning services, technology systems design, and life support systems engineering.
“We have always received timely and accurate responses through email, phone, and video-conference in order to address any issues or concerns with the Revizto team. The timely service and availability of the team help ensure projects stay on schedule. Revizto has sought out areas for improvement and put action plans in place to integrate and advance the tool to meet the demands of an industry rapidly moving forward.” – Brett McCarthy, BIM Manager, Alvine Engineering
As a BIM Manager, Brett McCarthy is continuously working on complex projects that contain a wide range of data, file types, and specialized teams.
His challenges prior to using Revizto align with many BIM Managers that we have spoken to from around the world.
1. Time it took to open a Revit model to coordinate an identified issue.
2. Lack of modeling coordination tool to use during project team meetings.
3. Time lag from engineer communicating an issue to another team member.
Brett’s Top 5 Benefits of Revizto
Brett and his team have implemented new practices over time that have catapulted them to industry leaders and innovators. Naturally, we wanted to hear a bit more about how Revizto has helped their team.
- Provides a readily available and user-friendly 3D model viewer, even without an internet connection.
- Provides project design teams with the ability to efficiently coordinate issues identified in the model, with real-time collaboration.
- Simplifies multiple BIM workflows into a single platform and unifies multiple disciplines’ design.
- Solves communication issues with other CAD/BIM tools used in all phases of design and construction.
- The BIM 360 Integration expedites the sheet export process from Revit, thus making data-rich sheets available, faster.
Calculating an ROI with an ICP
One of the more difficult questions we like to ask our Champions is what is their ROI (Return on Investment) with Revizto. While calculating a specific number for any type of software can be difficult, we hear more and more how companies and teams like Brett’s are trying to do that for their construction technologies.
“It’s difficult for us to quantify ROI on using Revizto versus previous methods as time is saved throughout the lifespan of the design and construction of a project. There are certainly time savings being had. Producing a better coordinated and communicated design saves us time and money in the construction administration phase of a project as well.” – Brett McCarthy, BIM Manager, Alvine Engineering
For more about Alvine, visit Alvine.com